Dr. Spiegelhoff & Associates is a private pay counseling practice so fees are paid in full at the time of service. We are considered an out-of-network provider.
Many clients are entitled to reimbursement through their out-of-network coverage. We provide all clients superbills which can be submitted by the client to their insurance for reimbursement. Out-of-network benefits typically reimburse up to 80% of the therapy fee. However, it is important to confirm your out-of-network coverage before your first counseling session.
Here are steps to help you verify your benefits.
Contact Your Insurance Company
- Ask your insurance company for your out-of-network coverage.
“Can you please tell me what my out-of-network benefits for outpatient mental health counseling services?”
- May sure to ask the following:
• What is the effective date of coverage?
• What is the annual deductible?*
• How much has been met to date?
• What is the percentage paid after the deductible is met?
• Where do I mail superbills/claims? Can they be sent by email?
*You may have to pay a deductible before receiving reimbursement. Counseling session fees will count towards your deductible. Deductibles begin over each January.
If Your Insurance Company Requires Authorization/Precertification
- Know your counselor’s name, credentials, and the mailing address. This information can be found on the website and consent for treatment form within the intake documents.
- Your first counseling session will be the start date.
- Ask if the insurance company authorizes a specific number of sessions.
- Ask where you mail superbills/claims.
If you choose to use your out-of-network insurance benefits, we are able to provide you with itemized treatment receipts (i.e., superbills) to send to your insurance company for potential reimbursement.
Reimbursement from your insurance company will be mailed directly to you as a check.